One Month In Japan 日本


Hello Everybody!
 
Where to begin?  About the pictures I sent, I am in the regular Tokyo mission but we are in the southern border of the mission and since we are in a ex-patriot ward, our area actually goes out of the mission.  So technically I serve in both the south and Tokyo mission.  lol  It felt so weird to leave the mission boundaries yesterday to visit our bishop, but don't worry, we had permission from our president.  And the picture I sent of the building was the south mission home and not our apartment.  I'll take some pictures tonight and send them to you soon.  General Conference was super awesome.  I hope that all the talks pumped you up as much as me!  I loved hearing all the talks about missionary work.  We actually watched conference at a members house the Mandoza's.  They have invited us over for dinner like 3 times in 4 weeks!  They're so awesome and we love their American cooking.  And about the cookbook I still haven't been able to use it yet.  We don't have very much time to eat and we don't even have an oven!  So usually we just have rice unless we eat out or at a member's house.
 
So we are in the Senzoku-ike area located on the Ikegami line.  We also go to the train station in G... a lot so you can look up that area too.  We are in a suburb area so its not as crazy as the Tokyo area. lol  And maybe you'll even be able to find my apartment when I send you the picture. lol
 
Have any of you ever heard of a tim tam before?  Well a tim tam is my new favorite candy bar from Australia and you all should try it sometime if you ever have the chance.  So to make a tim tam you need to make some hot chocolate and bite off both ends of the tim tam.  Then you suck the hot chocolate from the cup with the tim tam like a big straw!  It tastes so amazing!  But after like 4 or 5 you start getting a little sick so I would suggest that you don't have too many. lol 
 
We are meeting with a lot of new investigators now, and one of them is a Muslim named S...  He is my new favorite person!  He is just so curious to learn more and he is the nicest person I have ever met.  But unfortunately since he is from Iran we are apparently not allowed to teach him at all.  It breaks my heart to see him at church on Sundays and to know that there isn't really anything more we can do to help him.  I hope that the Lord provides a way for him to be able to be baptized and to learn more someday.
 
So we are getting really excited for the 3 baptisms this weekend.  The district leader is actually interviewing B... right now as we speak.  The members are also super excited.  We have been getting so many dinner dates set up with the members and we are able to bring investigators to almost all of them.  It really is an amazing way for the investigators to bond with members of the church.  I would totally suggest it for back home because it really works. 
 
Transfers are coming in 2 weeks and I can't believe they are almost here.  We have been warned by our president that one of our companionships is going to be leaving next transfer because we have so many missionaries in our area.  We currently have 9 missionaries serving here and apparently we are doing just such a great job that they want us to spread all of the success.  I'm also sorta freaking out about transfers right now because the APs (Assistants to President) keep telling me that the only reason that they set me up with the zone leaders is because they want me to start training missionaries soon.  I feel like there's no way that I will be ready by then.  They are starting to make transferred missionaries train now because we have so many new missionaries, so it could be possible.  But I know that the Lord will help me.
 
Ok so I have to go now.  We are going to eat dinner with a member at Outback steak house!  I'm so excited to have some more American food!  My companions say that it won't last so I'm going to enjoy it as much as I can now. lol  I love and miss all of you guys.  Thank you so much for all of your thoughts and prayers. 
 
Elder Stevens
 
P.S.  We are going to the temple next week so my p-day next week is on Tuesday so I won't be able to email until then.  Sorry.  Well I love you all!
 

 
Kitchen (notice short door frames)
Need lots of Motrin for headaches!

 
Study Room
 
 
Great Companions
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tokyo Revisited!

MTC Provo,Utah

Transfers!!