Togane Is #1

Hey Everyone!

I'm glad to hear that everything is going well for you back in the
good old USA. It's fun to hear the stories of everyone and to know
that everyone is being protected by the Lord!  Things have been very
interesting for me in Japan.

So to start off, the first part of the week was full of painful
goodbyes.  I hate goodbyes and I told everyone that I said goodbye to
just that.  I feel so loved because we didn't have a minute on Monday
through Wednesday where we didn't have someone that wanted to say
goodbye to me.  I'm sure that you saw all of the pictures on Facebook
and that wasn't even half of the people that we met with.  Our ward mission
leader told me that I needed to come back when I finished my mission
to say goodbye to him again because once wasn't enough.  Tsukuba is
awesome and I am going to miss it, especially the Costco being so
close.  There is nothing like it in Togane.

Then to end the week, it was awesome!  Being back in Togane is the
best, except that everything has changed.  I can barely recognize the
place anymore.  First of all we moved apartments so we are only 5 min
away from the church so now we don't have to bike 30 min everyday to
go to church.  I miss that bike ride so much!  The apartment is really
nice.  I'll have to take a video of it sometime so I can show it to
you all. Also the investigators and people have changed so much!
We have lots of work to do here because this area has
been a little slow recently, but it will be good to get back to the
drawing board in an area I know a little bit about.  Since I have been
here I have been able to meet with my friends K..., A..., and I....
I also got to meet with my good friend T....  It was so
fun to see him after so long.  We became friends really fast again.  My
Chinese companion, I found out that he is actually from Hong Kong not
Taiwan sorry for that, is super cool and works so hard!  Even though
he is only a 3rd transfer missionary, he is a boss at Japanese and we
speak Japanese to each other a lot.  Hopefully I will be able to get
my Japanese up to missionary standard soon because I feel like I've
been slacking recently.  We are still meeting with a ton of Chinese
people but this time none of them speak English or Japanese so I always
have to teach with Elder Lee translating for me.  It's very
interesting because I don't really know what happens most of the time
but it works out. He also smiles all the time, no matter what, so
it's going to be fun working with him.  I want to give my very best here in
Togane and help lots of people come unto Christ.  I'll try my best to see
all the miracles that I can.

So miracle time.  Have any of you ever heard of slide Dendo?  Well I
did it the other day.  I went on splits with a member named O...
K... and we went to a nearby park to talk to people there and we
saw a big slide.  It was almost like the slide that we have in Ohio at Schup
Park by the school.  There were tons of people at the bottom of the
slide so Brother O... told me that I should slide down the slide and
talk to everyone at the bottom and give them flyers about Church, so I
did it.  The slide was super fun, but slow, and at the bottom everyone
received a free Church flyer.  There was this girl that was down there
who read the whole pamphlet and asked me tons of questions about the
 Church.  Apparently she had been to lots of christian churches before
and had read a lot of the Bible before and wanted to learn more about
our Church.  I talked to her about the Church for a long time and then
invited her to come.  And what do you know, she came!  The Sister
missionaries did a really good job fellowshipping her and are going to
meet her on Wednesday again.  She loved church and is going to come
again next week!  So, this experience has helped to strengthen my testimony
of slide Dendo.

Well that's everything that I have time for today.  I hope that you
all have a great week and I love you all!  Talk to you soon!

スティーブンズ長老

 
I Will Miss All Of My Friends In Tsukuba!!


 
Seeing Old Friends Again!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tokyo Revisited!

Transfers!!

MTC Provo,Utah