Keeping Very Busy...

Hey everyone!

How's it going for everyone?  We had a pretty fantastic week this week.
Actually it was one of the most busy weeks that I have ever had while
in Senzokuike!  We were able to find 5 new investigators, teach 14
lessons, and 3 of our friends were able to come to church.  All in all
a great week!  At the beginning of the week, I  was looking through my
journal that I kept while I was here a year and a half ago and I came
across a family from Ghana who was investigating the Church when I
was here before.  I just had a feeling that we should go over there
and visit them so I looked up their address in the areabook and went.
Well the address was totally wrong but luckily I was able to recognize
the place where we were and from memory I was able to guide us to
their house.  It's seriously so amazing that you can remember things
from that long ago.  But when we visited them, they invited us into
their home and wanted to hear our message right there!  And they even
had 2 other friends from Ghana there with them and they wanted to
learn from us as well. So it was a super huge miracle that I was not
only able to remember them, find their house by memory, but also was
able to find and teach 2 new investigators.  God really does guide and direct us.

I was also privileged to give a talk during our Japanese service of
church yesterday.  They gave my the theme of talking about how we as
members can grow a stronger testimony of Jesus Christ and it went
really well.  I was able to invite a lot of our investigators to come
and see it and we were able to have 3 of them come.  And a less active
friend of ours came as well.  It is the busiest that I have ever been
during Church meetings.  We also had some friends come to the English
church with us.  So it was great!  I have a goal to get 10
people to church my last Sunday here so we just need to keep working
hard to be able to do that!  The Senzokuike area is really looking up
recently and I hope that we can even have a baptism before I leave as
well.  We only have 3 more weeks though so we better work hard!

In sad news, our beloved Mission President and his wife will be
leaving us to go back to America in a few days, and
we are really going to miss them a lot.  They have been my mission
president for pretty much the whole 2 years of my mission and it seems
so strange that just 3 weeks before I leave that I will have to have a
new Mission President.  I'm sure that he will do a great job, but we
will just have to see how the next few weeks play out.

Well, I think that's everything for this week.  Thanks again for all of
the love and support this week and always.  Hope that everyone has a
great week!  Love yah!

 Elder Stevens

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tokyo Revisited!

MTC Provo,Utah

Transfers!!