Transfer 8, Day One!


 
How is everyone?

Well as you can see from the title of this email we had our transfer
calls this morning, which means I am now transfer 8, which means that I
am on top of the hill starting to go over it.  As for what happened
with transfers, I am staying in the English area but my dear companion
is going to take my place in Togane.  So jealous!  I'm giving him tons
of advice so he can hit the ground running there.  I was made a
district leader and our district is the biggest one in the mission.
We are starting something new in our district, having more sisters in
a district than elders.  It's the first time so I'm excited to
see what happens.  Do you remember Sister Snow from Togane? Well, she
is in the English ward with me.  I was so excited to hear that she
was moving here because she is awesome. Should be a fun transfer. 
But I'm a little sad because this will probably
be my last transfer in here.  There is a pattern that elders only stay
here for 2 transfers so I'm probably almost done.
Guess what, for the first time on my mission we were able to hit the
standard of 20 lessons in one week.  We have some guidelines for how
many lessons to teach and this is the first time I have been able to
reach them.  It's been a great week.  Remember that prince from Ghana, well
we set up a baptismal date for him on the 27 of July and he is totally
going to make it!  I'm so glad that I didn't transfer out before he got
baptized.  He told us yesterday that he hated how people who call
themselves Christians always drink and smoke, because he said that he
couldn't imagine God smoking or drinking so he never wants to do it.
He's just too prepared, lol. And he says that if I ever go back to
Ghana he wants me to come visit his palace there.  I am excited to
meet with him again on Tuesday tomorrow.
Today is going to be really busy again.  Actually it's so busy that we
are having most of our pday tomorrow because we just don't have enough time
today.  The rock, sand, and water object lesson I developed I have been using a lot.
I have also been using the object lesson book all the time for teaching.  It really
helps.  I have also used the mouse trap object lesson countless times.
Object lessons are the best!!
I just want to testify of the usefulness of iPads and Facebook in
missionary work.  I am currently teaching 3 people on Facebook
right now through messaging and the iPads are amazing for photos, and
videos that we show investigators all the time.  I personally think
that everyone should get one.
So dad we actually don't live in Shibuya but in the city next to it in
ebisu.  If you look up the ebisu station it takes like 5 min to walk
to our apartment.  I'll send you a pic of a map to our house if you
want.  I have seen the statue of the faithful dog in the station.
Well, I'm going to say good bye for now.  I can't wait to talk to you
next week.  It is seriously amazing to hear from all of you.  It
makes me feel like I'm not so far away.  Glad you had
tons of fun for the fourth of July.  We didn't do really anything for the
forth except go to an all you can eat meat place.  It was pretty
sketchy though so I hope that I don't get sick.  Well I love you
all!  愛しているよ!


Eric Stevens
 
 
Krispy Kreme Japanese Style!

 
Shibuya District
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tokyo Revisited!

MTC Provo,Utah

Transfers!!